A shake (also known as a smoothie) can be a healthy breakfast that offers you a myriad of nutritional benefits. From improved concentration levels to better physical and mental performance, the shake can provide you with the strength needed to carry on with your day-to-day activities. Besides, a healthy smoothie is easy to digest, keeps you hydrated, and can get your skin glowing.
Here are 5 delicious shakes you can have for breakfast:
Peach and cream oatmeal shake
Oats are rich in fiber and proteins and have been known to aid in lowering cholesterol while the peach is an antioxidant-rich fruit. Adding Greek yogurt to the shake will make the breakfast even more satisfying.
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of frozen peach slices
- ¼ cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Start by grounding the oats into a fine powder
- Add the frozen peach, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla extract and blend into a smooth shake
- Nutrition information per serving- 331 calories, 5 fiber, 4 fat, 29 proteins, and 46 carbohydrates
Berry banana shake:
Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, apple, and banana are full of antioxidants and vitamin C. Thus, this breakfast shake is a nutritional powerhouse that can boost metabolism. Moreover, bananas have a sweet taste, and its Vitamin B6 content will help keep your levels of blood sugar steady.
- ½ cup of blueberries
- ½ cup of strawberries
- ½ cup of raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Set the ingredients in the blender and process them
- Note- if you want a thicker and colder shake, slice and freeze the banana for four or more hours
- Nutrition information per serving- 332 calories, 3 fat, 4 protein, 14 fiber, and 77 carbohydrates
Orange banana shake:
Banana and orange are an ideal blend of creamy and tart for breakfast. Bananas are rich in potassium that can help keep the levels of blood pressure down. Oranges are full of fiber that is essential in the digestive system. To add another level of flavor to this smoothie, you can add almond extract and a touch of brown sugar.
- ½ cup sliced banana
- ¾ cup or 185ml of orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- Mint Sprig
- 2 ice cubes
- In a blender, add banana, orange juice, almond extract, and sugar
- Add ice cubes and process until the ingredients become thick and smooth
- Garnish with the mint sprig
Nutrition information per serving- 159 calories, 37g carbs, 3g protein, and 8mg sodium
Berry-flax seed shake
Flax seeds might seem like an unusual addition to a shake, but they blend in seamlessly. Besides, they are an excellent source of fiber and lignans that are known to hinder tumor growth in breast cancer survivors. They also consist of magnesium that can control blood sugar levels and omega-3 fatty acids that lower inflammation and triglycerides. Berries will provide you with antioxidants and vitamin C to help you lose or maintain your weight.
- 1 cup of unsweetened frozen berries (blueberries)
- 2 tablespoons of whole flax seeds
- ½ cup of nonfat vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 small sliced banana
- Put the flax seeds in a dry blender and ground them into a fine powder
- Add yogurt, orange juice, banana, and berries
- Cover and blend to make a smooth and creamy shake
Nutrition information per serving- 22 calories, 5g fat, 36 carbs, 33mg sodium, and 5g protein
Orange spinach shake
The green smoothie can keep your heart healthy. That’s because, spinach offers Vitamin C and A, and antioxidants that can lower cellular damage inflicted by free radicals in the body. Furthermore, the oranges will provide you with Vitamins C, dietary fibers, and pectin, which have been proven to lower blood cholesterol. The citrus fruit also will boost your energy as well as your body’s ability to absorb the spinach nutrients.
- 2 cups of spinach (blended)
- 1 large orange, peeled and sliced into pieces
- Clean water
- Blend the oranges until liquefied
- Add spinach gradually until they blend
- Add some pure water to allow you to add more spinach
- Blend until smooth
Nutrition information per serving- 295.7 calories, 8.9g fat, 48.4g carbs, 10.7g protein, 49.7mg sodium, and 1.1g potassium
A shake ought to be an integral part of your breakfast. It contributes toward a nutrient-rich diet that improves your general wellbeing. So, blend up one of these delicious shakes for an excellent start of your day.